Chief Operating Officer - Sinai Health System
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH ADMINISTRATION
- Executive Management
- Full Time
- Req #: 20561
Provides strategic and operational leadership to integrate and implement the strategic and growth plan of Sinai Health System into the daily operational activities across all acute, ambulatory, and rehab clinical entities, departments and services. The COO is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, and Sinai Medical Group ensuring efficient processes to allow for the provision of high quality services that meet the needs of patients, physicians, the community and staff. Serves as a member of the Executive Team participating in system-wide strategy development, transformation, planning and decision-making.
The position is responsible to perform the following key items:
• Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions of SHS.
• Provides leadership direction and oversight in the planning and integration of clinical and operational services activities including hospital operations, ambulatory services, and growth partnerships; ensures operational excellence and day to day performance of SHS.
• Provides leadership and oversight direction to the Population Health/Managed Care, Business Development, Sinai Tomorrow and Operational Excellence departments and functions.
• Assists the President and CEO in the overall operations of SHS and with short- and-long-range planning.
• Responsible for ensuring program and corporate compliance with primary health care policies and procedures, as well as with those external regulatory bodies such as HCFA, FQHC, HIPPA, OSHA, CLIA and other professional review and standards boards.
• Responsible for the development of the plan of operations and coordinating corresponding budgets reflecting the volume, revenues, expenses, staffing and capital needs of the organization.
• Partners with the CFO to plan and achieve the implementation of SHS annual and operating budgetary plan. Reviews all department requests for capital expense items, remodeling projects, FTEs, supplies and other operating expenses, and submits the same, with recommendations, to the SHS President/CEO and Board of Directors.
• Serves as a member of the Executive Team participating in the development and implementation of SHS’s strategic plan and operational programs. Provides counsel and advice on operational matters affecting the operations and/or strategic direction of SHS. Maintains a general awareness of SHS financial function identifying present and potential problems and opportunities, and making appropriate recommendations to the President and CEO. Coordinates special projects and assignments as directed by the President and CEO.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Sinai Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
The successful candidate will have the following minimal qualifications:
• Master’s degree in business administration, health care administration, or related field.
• Ten or more years of progressively more responsible related work experience including five (5) or more years of experience an executive with a health system or complex hospital.
• A proven track record as a leader of a health care organization.
• Strong knowledge and experience in safety-net health care operations and leadership
• Ability to communicate a vision and instill associates with a sense of shared purpose. • Sensitivity to market issues
• Ability to build and oversee the execution of clinical or service line growth strategies
• Strong financial, analytical and cost control skills.
• Leadership and management skills necessary to work effectively within a system, influence results, motivate individuals and teams, and resolve problems in a diplomatic professional manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication, persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills. The incumbent must be able to clearly articulate factual and advisory information to all levels of staff, executives, the boards of directors, and others, and garner related support.
• Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to operate in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
• A personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Sinai Health System