Director - IS Service Desk/Operations
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- Information Services
- Full Time
- Req #: 20509
SINAI HEALTH - DIRECTOR IT SERVICES
As a leadership position in the IT department, the Director IT Services will ensure IT operations and end user support is positioned to meet organizational goals achieved through the effective delivery of IT services along with the management and orchestration of people, products, providers/contractors, and processes. The Director will implement and maintain “Best Practice” ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) technology and processes and manage an internal Helpdesk and Desktop support and Telecom environment to ensure high quality, consistent technical user support, meet the internal and external prescribed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leadership - Setting goals for and inspiring the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Defines, communicates and garners support for Technology Support vision and roadmaps partnering with internal technical and functional stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains influential working relationships at all levels necessary to successfully drive improvements in service experience and service levels for technology stakeholders.
- Collaborates closely with other technology functions and contact centers to drive consistent and streamlined experiences for stakeholders.
- Models and acts in accordance with Sinai Health System culture and guiding principles.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Develops and manages multi-year and annual goals, objectives and budgets for implementation, sustainment and support; delivers quick wins, celebrates successes and learns from challenges.
- Manage the processing of incoming contacts to the 24x7 Service Desk via walk-up, telephone, chat, web portal, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective response and resolution of end user issues.
- Manage the major incident response function that provides 24x7 support for widespread technology outages.
- Drives support and operational requirements into the service delivery lifecycle to ensure technology delivered is reliable and can be operated within agreed service levels throughout the service lifecycle.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the Tech Support team promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to build a high-performing team:
- Challenges and inspires a cross-functional diverse team of 2 managers, a team of Desktop and Helpdesk support along with managing third party service providers.
- Provides coaching, timely constructive direction, and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business, and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Experience working with service management platforms such as ServiceNow / SysAid.
- Manage and coordinate the IT Operations & Service Desk team, including offsite locations, clinics by providing day-to-day technical guidance, setting & measuring KPI (Key
- Oversees, coordinates, and monitors all support, administration, and operational management activities. Responsible for infrastructure reliability, availability, performance, problem management / elimination, IT disaster recovery meet company security and quality standards.
- Overseeing On-Boarding / Off-Boarding and user account management and support to new and existing Caregivers and vendors.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate IT Service & Operations governance model and technology roadmap; ensure IT services, infrastructure, systems, and policies adhere to internal guidelines and meet the needs of the organizations location(s).
- Leads and manages the planning and management of infrastructure operations, production support, systems and database administration, application development, and desktop support.
- Determine financial needs of the IT Service & Operation unit and submit annual budget proposal, as directed, that is consistent with SHS IT strategic direction, division needs, and stakeholder expectations.
- Oversee vendor management including but not limited to, outsourcing contracts, managing licensing, managing adherence service level agreements, hardware, and contract consolidation; ensure contracts provide optimum value to the organization.
- Ability to develop and present strategic and tactical roadmaps and objectives to all levels of leadership, advising and influencing
- Experience leading and managing technology support functions for a large retail company is desired
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the 24/7 onsite service call center, ensuring service and quality metrics are met or exceeded.
- Lead workforce management efforts to effectively build out agent staffing schedules
- Ensure call volume forecasts and planning requirements are built to manage peak volume periods to ensure delivery of KPIs.
- Ensures all SOPs and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Using SysAid to Manage Service Desk Escalations – Assist customers, Caregivers, and Vendors with escalated issues on performance, policy and technology.
- Oversee Incident Management – Analyze existing aging incidents and requests to ensure a smooth flow of service delivery. Drive service providers to keep incidents moving and current.
- Customer Satisfaction – Report on customer surveys and follow up on any concerns voiced by our end users.
- 10+ years of progressive industry experience in Technology Support, Operations and/or Service Delivery.
- 2 years of proven IT experience in acute care hospital system.
- Technical knowledge across services and telecom support (MS Windows Services, Mobile Services, Networks, etc.).
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel, Active Directory, MS Project
- Project Management.
- ITIL Certification (Preferred)
- Lean Sigma (Preferred)