Patient Safety & Patient Relations Manager Sr
This job posting is no longer active.
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS SAFETY
- Newly Created Position
- Full Time
- Req #: 20494
General Summary/basic PURPOSE OF JOB:
In this role, the Patient Safety & Patient Relations Manager Sr. is responsible for the managing, developing, implementation, and continuous improvement of regulatory, patient relations and patient safety initiatives for all hospitals and clinics within Sinai Health System. This individual provides oversight for system-wide performance improvement and patient safety, patient relations and regulatory projects that meet national standards and have publicly reported outcomes. Leads strategy to promote a culture of patient safety throughout Sinai Health System. The Patient Safety & Patient Relations Manager Sr. manages operations and patient relations. Manages hospital wide patient concerns/grievances process and documentation in compliance with CMS guidelines and hospital policy.
- Reports to: Executive Director, Regulatory, Safety and Patient Relations
- Provides Supervision to: Patient Relations/Patient Safety Specialist
Essential Functions and duties
- Manage patient complaints and grievances process in various stages of investigation, follow-up, and resolution across the Sinai Health System.
- Ensures compliance with complaints and grievance regulations.
- Identifies and resolves, as possible, patient concerns by personal intervention or collaboration with department leaders.
- Continuously assesses patient safety culture and opportunities to strengthen and enhance the safety culture within the organization and the populations it serves.
- Identifies, reports, and addresses safety risks and events in the assigned areas to enhance the safety practice across the organization.
- Collaborates with all caregivers to analyze patient safety practice, events, and systems and continuously improves the systems of care in the assigned area in the journey toward high reliability.
- Responsible for the management of the Occurrence Reporting System; routinely summarizes and reports data from the system; identifies trends and patterns. Functions as Hospital liaison to external patient safety-related database entities.
- Conducts Apparent Cause Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and coordinates with Department Chairs, the Medical Staff Department in event related Focused Professional Practice Reviews.
- Leads SHS participation in external Patient Safety programs such as the PSO and other projects.
- Collaborates on multidisciplinary teams and provides analytical support for various projects related to patient safety and regulatory as appropriate. Interprets, explains and discusses data analysis results.
- Leads survey readiness activities that support continuous compliance with accreditation and governmental regulations, including voluntary, mandatory, and contractual reporting requirements.
- Provides strategic direction and oversees the development of comprehensive patient safety program. Effectively facilitates implementation of site’s patient safety program including leadership and front-line tools that promote reliability. These include but are not limited to daily huddle, safety recognition, just culture, safety coach programs, physician champion programs among others.
- Participates in support role during any on-site survey activity.
- Leads the evaluation, monitoring, and improvement of compliance with internal and external safety indicators and requirements.
- Develops, files, and executes plans of correction in follow up to surveys
- Maintains “expert” knowledge of standards related to accreditation and regulatory bodies, i.e., The Joint Commission, CMS, IDPH, CARF, and HFAP/ACHC.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations: