CNA MED SURG OS6
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NR MED SURG OS6
- Nursing Assistant
- Part Time
- Req #: 20187
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The unlicensed assistant personnel perform(s) direct patient care and a variety of clinical and environmental tasks delegated by, and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
· Accepts and carries out assignments from Registered Nurse/designee in consideration of unit needs and as appropriate to clinical experience.
· Answers call lights promptly; and responds to patient needs when within the realm of the job description and communicates other patient needs to the patient's nurse.
· Provides general comfort measures to patients including, but not limited to: positioning, turning, back rubs, linen change, ambulating, dangling, sitting, walking, and offering bed pan.
· Cares for patients in a manner that demonstrates understanding of their cognitive, physical, emotional and age specifics needs.
· Performs patient care rounds and anticipates patient care needs.
• High School graduate or GED required.
• Graduate of Basic Nursing Assistant Program required
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one-year hospital/comparable experience within the last 5 years preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certified by Illinois Department of Public Health.
• Current CPR Card - BLS Healthcare Provider