- Holy Cross Hospital
- HCH HCH MAMMOGRAPHY
- Allied Health
- Varied Shifts
- Full Time
- Req #: 19674
About Sinai Chicago
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Chicago is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Chicago collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Chicago is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
$20,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
General Summary/Basic Purpose of Job:
Responsible for performing routine screening to complex diagnostic mammography as well as bone density studies at the direction of a physician, while adhering to patient safety guidelines and customer service values.
Responsible for routine screening to complex diagnostic mammography studies at the direction of a physician, while adhering to patient safety guidelines and customer service values. Maintains superior knowledge of policy and procedures for the mammography dept. Demonstrates effective business conduct through behavior/performance. Ability to rotate across the system including MSH, Lavillita which include shift flexibility a well as willing to cover PTO, call-ins and emergencies.
General Summary/ Basic purpose of job Responsible for performing routine screening mammograms to complex diagnostic mammogram studies at the direction of a physician while adhering to patient safety guidelines and customer service values.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintains established department policies and procedures. Produces high quality mammograms for interpretation by the Radiologist. Prepares examination room, equipment and materials as needed for patients.
- Educates patient on breast health issues, demonstrates self breast examination techniques and provides the patient with a breast care pamphlet required by the ACR/FDA guidelines.
- Maintains superior knowledge of policy and procedures for the mammography department.
- Maintains daily, weekly, monthly and yearly QA reports for annual MQSA inspection. Maintains all mammography accreditation records and prepares department for annual inspection. Assist the Resource Coordinator and Lead Quality Mammography Technologist.
- Utilizes proper basic and advance positioning techniques as needed. Which includes, but not limited to: adjusts equipment, determine proper voltage, selection of proper ACE/OP modes on mammography unit, current and desired exposure time, arranges immobilization, support devices to obtain proper positioning of patient, adjust lead shield and select proper size film per exam.
- Cleans and disinfects mammography unit and other equipment before and after patient use in accordance with the ACR/FDA guidelines
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is necessary.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: IDNS/IEMA, ARRT, CPR
If this describes you, then apply today for immediate consideration.
Sinai Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.