MED SURG CNA
This job posting is no longer active.
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The unlicensed assistant personnel perform(s) direct patient care and a variety of clinical and environmental tasks delegated by, and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
· Accepts and carries out assignments from Registered Nurse/designee in consideration of unit needs and as appropriate to clinical experience.
· Answers call lights promptly; and responds to patient needs when within the realm of the job description and communicates other patient needs to the patient's nurse.
· Provides general comfort measures to patients including, but not limited to: positioning, turning, back rubs, linen change, ambulating, dangling, sitting, walking, and offering bed pan.
· Cares for patients in a manner that demonstrates understanding of their cognitive, physical, emotional and age specifics needs.
· Performs patient care rounds and anticipates patient care needs.
• High School graduate or GED required.
• Graduate of Basic Nursing Assistant Program required
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum two-year hospital/comparable experience within the last 5 years preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certified by Illinois Department of Public Health.
- BLS Certification by America Heart Association