SOCIAL WORKER LICENSED -LSW
This job posting is no longer active.
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS SOCIAL SERVICES
- Community Outreach
- Full Time
- Req #: 20050
Social Worker stationed in the emergency department provides crisis intervention and linkage to services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- In collaboration with the patient/family, case managers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the social work provides complex discharge planning.
- You will be responsible to assist patients and families to identify the psycho social barriers that impact the discharge planning process.
- Provide assessment, advocacy, education and information, referral and linkage, coordination, counselling and crisis intervention for assigned patients. Services are provided in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Work in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team in order to develop a discharge plan that is safe and effective for the patient.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Licensed Social Worker, State of Illinois LSW
- Experience working in Health care or related field
- Ability to create and analyze data, perform gap analysis. Proficient in Excel, other Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment