PACU Staff Nurse
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NR POST ANESTHES
- Full Time
- Req #: 17863
Registered Nurse - PACU
Sinai Health System - Level 1 Trauma Center, is a Chicago-based not-for-profit organization, comprised of seven member organizations: Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sinai Children's Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Medical Group, Sinai Community Institute and Sinai Urban Health Institute. The system has over 800 physicians on its hospital medical staffs, 695 licensed beds, 100,000+ annual emergency department patient visits and eight physician residency training programs.
· The PACU Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Patient Care Coordinators
· Collaborates with other members of the surgical team to ensure the highest standard of care
· Accepts assignment to care for, take responsibility for, and advocate for an individual patient by coordinating efforts of the surgical team
· The PACU Registered Nurse addresses the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual responses of the patient while maintaining an environment that ensures safety and compliance with administrative policies and procedures
· The PACU Registered Nurse has the requisite skills and knowledge to assess, diagnose, plan, intervene, and evaluate the outcomes of interventions
· Medical / Dental / Vision
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Continuing Education classes offered
· 403 b with matching contributions
· The PACU Registered Nurse will be a graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
· The PACU Registered Nurse will have current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois
· The PACU Registered Nurse will have a valid CPR Certification
· ACLS & PALS are both required to have been obtained by your 6th month of employment with SHS. SHS will pay for you to obtain your ACLS & PALS but not to maintain it. If your ACLS & PALS has lapsed, SHS will pay for you to renew it on a one time basis.
· Sedation Credentialing preferred
· 1 year of nursing experience within PACU or Critical Care.
· 2 years of Critical Care experience.
· Basic EKG Interpretation