Staff Nurse, PACU
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NR POST ANESTHES
- Varied Shifts
- Full Time
- Req #: 16816
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
$5,000 Sign-on-Bonus available
(Varied Shifts and On-call requirements)
Registered Nurse - PACU
- The PACU Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Patient Care Coordinators.
- Collaborates with other members of the surgical team to ensure the highest standard of care.
- Accepts assignment to care for, take responsibility for, and advocate for an individual patient by coordinating efforts of the surgical team
- The PACU Registered Nurse addresses the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual responses of the patient while maintaining an environment that ensures safety and compliance with administrative policies and procedures
- The PACU Registered Nurse has the requisite skills and knowledge to assess, diagnose, plan, intervene, and evaluate the outcomes of interventions
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental orientation programs.
- 1 year of nursing experience within area of desired practice.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of experience within PACU or Critical Care (required)
- Basic EKG Interpretation
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently, licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- BLS/CPR Certification
- ACLS & PALS are both required to have been obtained by your 6th month of employment with SHS. SHS will pay for you to obtain your ACLS & PALS but not to maintain it. If your ACLS & PALS has lapsed, SHS will pay for you to renew it on a one time basis.
- Sedation Credentialing preferred