APPLICATION SYSTEM ANALYST
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS QLTY,REG,PT SFTY
- Information Services
- Full Time
- Req #: 19695
About Sinai Chicago
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Chicago is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Chicago collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position will support both our MIDAS application as well as the incoming PolicyStat applications. This role will support our Clinical Data Analysts with training, user access, reporting, and additional systems like Teletracking and Press Ganey. They will work hand in hand with our Quality Improvement and Patient Safety departments on key initiatives and projects, as well as support work with our ancillary partners in areas like Population Health, Medical Staff Office, etc. This role will also help support our work on EMR conversion related projects between Epic and MIDAS.
- Bachelor in IT-related field required; Masters preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of working with database structures and maintenance
- Three to five years acute hospital experience
- Two to four years of data analysis experience
- Minimum of two years using Midas+ system
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently using critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of clinical research design and statistical analysis.
- Thorough computer expertise, including database and statistical analysis programs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills a must, will develop and maintain procedures and other system documentation as required.
- Strong computing skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, web browsing, issue tracking and email applications and/or a willingness to learn.
- Excellent analytical skills
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Desirable
Sinai Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.