MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS CREDENTIALING
- Administrative & Clerical
- Full Time
- Req #: 19067
Sinai Health System is one of the largest private safety net healthcare systems in Illinois. SHS includes Mount Sinai Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, and 18 outpatient clinics. The system employs approximately 4,000 individuals and serves a geographic area of 1.5 million people on Chicago’s West and Southwest sides. Through community programs delivered by Sinai Community Institute and research conducted by epidemiologists at Sinai Urban Health Institute, SHS has one of the broadest ranges of community services of any health system in the country and is on a trajectory to become the national model for urban healthcare.
We are continuing to building a new development enterprise and looking for creative, collaborative leaders who are passionate about using their skills and abilities to make a difference in the lives of those living is some of Chicago’s most underserved communities. If you are looking for an opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to help shape Chicago’s future and change individual’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Medical Staff Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of Sinai Health, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Staff Coordinator supports the elected officers of the hospital's medical staff, chief medical officer, and other medical staff leaders as assigned in accordance with the medical staff bylaws, policies, Joint Commission standards, and other regulatory requirements. The Medical Staff Coordinator works with the System Director of Medical Staff Administration, senior executives, and administrators in fulfilling required functions of medical staff, clinical fellows, allied health providers, meetings, and special events. The Medical Staff Coordinator assists the department with various activities related to the medical staff appointment, reappointment, regulatory requirements, and Sinai Health medical staff meetings, annual events, and officer elections.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Oversees assigned credentialing and re-credentialing tasks including, but not limited to, requests for additional privileges, scanning of credential documents, FPPE, OPPE, and administrative review support for applications or reapplications.
- Perform primary source verification of all required credentials data elements and direct inquiries to all required data banks, profiling providers, licensing/regulatory agencies, etc. in compliance with all accreditation (JC, CMS, IDPH, NCQA), federal, state and Sinai requirements.
- Represent Medical Staff Administration at assigned meetings and provide support as requested to various committees and forums, including but not limited to: general medical staff meetings, standing medical staff committees, and special events. Prepare electronic presentations and manage and support Medical Staff Officers specific roles as applicable for forum.
- Serve as primary point of contact for practitioners during credentialing and re-credentialing process. Must be available to guide practitioners through the process and clearly communicate requirements.
- Accurately collect, record, and deposit medical staff dues and fees collected by the department; managing multiple medical staff accounts and transactions.
- Participates in physician lounge activities, resource allocation, and physician engagement initiatives.
- Assist with maintenance of provider onboarding, events, and communications of the medical and advanced practice provider staff. Implement off-boarding procedures for practitioners who have resigned or retired ensuring appropriate Sinai system updating.
- Generates reports and other documents often of a confidential nature, including expirable items, according to local policy and Medical Staff Office processes.
- Participates in all accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Bachelor's degree OR in lieu of degree must have a minimum of 3 years of consecutive experience in medical staff services or credentials verification.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management. If not currently certified, willing to obtain certification within the first 12 months.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database systems. Must be able to operate a computer, copier, calculator, telephone, fax machine, scanner, audio-visual equipment and other office equipment.
- Candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must display professional demeanor and ability to relate positively with other department and hospital staff. Must work well as a member of the team and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Sinai Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.