Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NUCLEAR MEDICINE
- Allied Health
- Varied Shifts
- Call/Registry/Per Diem
- Req #: 15431
About Sinai Chicago
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Chicago is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Chicago collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Chicago is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Registry)
Responsible for providing NM procedures and delivery of service in accordance with department policy and procedure as well as HFAP regulatory standards. Ensures compliance with all Illinois Emergency Management Agency Division of Nuclear Safety (IEMA) regulatory standards as applicable to NM. Ensures daily reconciliation of Open Order Report. Responsible for proper dispensing and disposal of radioactive material according to IEMA Regulatory Standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities of a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Performs diagnostic procedures according to established policy and procedure. Administers radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with all IEMA standards. Ensures that proper sterile techniques are applied appropriately to prevent cross contamination.
- Works directly with Radiologist in determining protocol for both call related and unrelated procedures. Utilizes the tele-radiology equipment for off-hour interpretation of NM Exams.
- Assists Radiologists and ED Physicians by identifying pathology and reports urgent findings ASAP.
- Ensures patient and own safety by following all applicable radiation protection measures and requirements. Maintains safety regulations to ensure maximum protection to patients, staff and employees of hospital from harmful and hazardous effects of radioactive material.
- Maintains QC on equipment. Performs OC flood tests daily on cameras Responsible for operation and safety of all equipment. Reports all equipment problems in timely fashion.
- Demonstrates effective business conduct through behavior/performance example and by following HCH Performance Standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows all applicable HIPAA standards.
- Maintains professional licensure and personal education through professional affiliations, meetings and educational seminars.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and monitors as assigned or needed to ensure services are delivered and performed according to hospital policy and procedure as well as industry standards.
- Is in compliance with Mount Sinai Hospital Attendance Standards.
Skills & Qualifications
Education and/or licensure requirements:
- Licensed (or eligible) by the IEMA (Division of Nuclear Safety) – required Registered (or eligible) by ARRT and/or has active CNMT – required. CPR certification – Required. Compliant with PPD requirement
- Minimum new graduate from accredited NM program.