RN - MOBILE DISEASE MANAGER
- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS DISEASE MANAGEME
- Full Time
- Req #: 18354
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
Demonstrates clinical expertise through direct or indirect care. . As a collaborating member of the health care team provides pre-visit and follow-up direction and support to the patient, family, and health care providers. This position aids in addressing ethical and legal concerns including end-of-life care and complex disease management.
The responsibilities will include: supporting the continuum of care from the acute to the patient-centered medical home, aiding in the development of office workflows for the medical home, and collaborating with physicians to develop a standard of care with preventative services and chronic disease management. The position will participate in clinical quality activities and facilitating implementation of clinical best practices across the continuum.
The position will develop relationships with professional colleagues within the medical neighborhood to enhance the interdisciplinary team and the services it provides as well as providing follow-up contact with patients as indicated to ensure compliance with recommendations – medications, lab/x-ray, specialist visits, PCP visits, dieticians, etc.
The position will be responsible for ensuring patient compliance with quality measures at the practice level and assessing barriers to compliance and coordinating initiatives to support patient compliance. Providing telephone advice per protocol, handling urgent calls and emergent calls. Anticipating the needs of the patient population and seeing that necessary documentation and pre-visit planning is completed before patient visit within the medical home arena.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing required; if incumbent has an Associate's, Bachelor's in Healthcare related field required.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred. MINIMUM WORK
- Minimum five 3-5 years experience in a related clinical nursing position.
- Prior experience in disease management/care management/health coaching highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management of disease processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of disease management/care management/health coach processes Demonstrated ability to develop and employ effective patient teach back methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitating and coordinating patient care plans
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team with a wide variety of individuals;
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of creativity in problem-solving; ability and patience to navigate and impact complex systems of care.
- Proficient computer skills
- •Willingness to work some weekends
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered Nurse with current Illinois license required
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer.