Staff Nurse (RN)
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NR MED SURG OS6
- Full Time
- Req #: 19527
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
6 North (Oncology / Cancer Services)
Mount Sinai Hospital's Cancer Program includes our Ambulatory Chemotherapy Infusion Unit (nine-chairs), the Hematology/Oncology Clinic and a 28 bed inpatient unit on 6 North. Our Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer with commendation and has been honored with exemplary clinical practice from the American Society of Clinical Oncology Quality Practice Initiative.
Our oncology nurses, who administer chemotherapy, are trained through the Oncology Nursing Society's Chemotherapy and Biotherapy class. We are proud that many of our nurses are Oncology Certified Nurses (OCN). We have a Nursing Shared Decision Making Council, which sets goals and tactic implementation for our areas. The council has worked on safety, communication and education, to name just a few. Since new cancer drugs are constantly being released to the market, we have a very robust chemotherapy/biotherapy continuing education program.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings and common courtesy
- Develop and implement a plan of care through delivery and delegation of care
- Participates in patient / family education
- Participates in communication and collaboration with patients, families, Physicians and other health care professionals involving patient care
- Respond accordingly in emergency situations for Codes
- Adhere to hospital and department policies and procedures
- Interprets patient data accurately, utilize data independently or in consultation with other healthcare professionals to plan and revise care
- 403 b with matching contributions
- CE Courses offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical / Dental / Vision
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
The Registered Nurse will have current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois