MED SURG STAFF NURSE - 3N
This job posting is no longer active.
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
3 North is a 42 bed Medical Surgical unit. The main focus of the unit is the provision of safe and quality-driven care reflective of evidenced-based practice. We receive our patients from a variety of sources: emergency room, direct admissions, transfers from other hospitals, intensive care, and other units. The Staff Nurse is accountable for the performance of patient care according to the behaviors and responsibilities as outline in this statement.
- The Registered Nurse shows dedication to enriching the lives of our patients through empathy and compassion
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings and common courtesy
- Develop and implement a plan of care through delivery and delegation of care
- Participates in patient / family education
- Participates in communication and collaboration with patients, families, Physicians and other health care professionals involving patient care
- Respond accordingly in emergency situations for Codes
- Adhere to hospital and department policies and procedures
- Interprets patient data accurately, utilize data independently or in consultation with other healthcare professionals to plan and revise care
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental orientation programs.
• 1 year of nursing experience within area of desired practice.
• 1 year of Staff Nurse Experience - BLS
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- 403 b tax sheltered retirement
- Tuition Reimbursement
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
The Registered Nurse will have current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois
The Registered Nurse will have a valid CPR Certification AHA BLS Required