- Sinai Health System
- SHS SHS IS BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- Information Services
- Full Time
- Req #: 19249
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
JOB DESCRIPTION General Summary/basic PURPOSE OF JOB:
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with other data engineers, business analysts, data architects, BI developers, and business stakeholders to produce meaningful information from the data warehouse. The ability to work independently, with other technology groups as well as business stakeholders to define and gather data requirements. Develop and produce datasets routinely for consumption by BI developers and data extracts for integration with other systems. Provide analytical expertise, validate code and data for accuracy and completeness. Collaborate with data engineers, business analysts and other technology teams on database performance and database planning.
Essential Functions and duties:
- Produce datasets for consumption by BI developers and other systems
- Design and development code while providing analytical data expertise
- Direct experience working with Data Warehouses.
- Work with DBA on database performance and database planning
- Skilled with T-SQL, query, stored procedures and Microsoft SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Expertise with Microsoft Visual Studio and package creation
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft PowerBI (on-site and cloud-based)
- Collaborate with other data engineers, business analysts and data architects
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or similar degree.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years experience in the same or similar type of role
- Direct experience working with Data Warehouses
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Programming language experience in .NET C#, Java, Python or similar
- Beginner to intermediate skill level as a Microsoft SQL DBA
- Knowledge with Epic, Clarity Reporting, Cogito, Meditech, or NextGen
- Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills
- Healthcare industry preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert level query development, T-SQL, stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with Github, Microsoft Visual Studio and package creation
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerBI (on-site and cloud-based)
- Microsoft Azure, data science tools and cloud components preferred
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Cloud Storage
- A commitment to improving healthcare outcomes of the community
- Able to work in a fast paced environment non-silo environment
Sinai Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.