Sinai Chicago Inpatient Hemo-dialysis Tech
This job posting is no longer active.
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH INPATIENT HEMODI
- Nursing Assistant
- Varied Shifts
- Call/Registry/Per Diem
- Req #: 18219
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB: • Calibrate, monitor, and maintain hemodialysis machine and dialysis equipment to provide dialysis treatment for patients with kidney failure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Attaches dialyzer and tubing to machine to assemble for use. Mixes dialysate, according to formula.
- Primes dialyzer with saline or heparinized solution to prepare machine for use
- Transports patient to dialysis room and positions patient on lounge chair at hemodialysis machine.
- Takes and records patient's pre-dialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
- Explains dialysis procedure and operation hemodialysis machine to patient before treatment to allay anxieties.
- Cleans area of access (fistula, graft, or catheter).
- Connects hemodialysis machine to access in patient's forearm or catheter site to start blood circulating through dialyzer.
- Inspects equipment settings, including pressures, conductivity (proportion of chemicals to water), and temperature ensure conformance to safety standards.
- Inspects venous and arterial pressures as registered on equipment to ensure pressures are within established limits.
- Calculates fluid removal or replacement to be achieved during dialysis procedure.
- Takes and records patient's post dialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
- Perform regular equipment quality assurance, monitoring, maintenance and repairs of dialysis equipment and water purification system. Repair malfunctions as needed.
- Perform complete hemodialysis treatments including off unit dialysis, patient monitoring, problem resolution with equipment and ancillary equipment and device.
One year certificate from college or technical school.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
OR three to six months related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Education / Certification / Licensure :
- Current CCHT (or) BONENT required
- BLS CPR
- Bilingual a plus