Nurse Liaison - Mary Free Bed at Schwab
- Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital
- SRH SRH NR ADMINISTRAT
- Full Time
- Req #: 18422
The Clinical Liaison works in coordination with the admissions team including the appropriate physicians to: coordinate efforts within the admissions office to ensure timely response to acute care hospital referrals, screen patients for appropriateness of admission to inpatient rehabilitation, communicate with the admitting and consulting physicians, effectively speak with patients and family members throughout the evaluation process, as appropriate, facilitate admissions to Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital including required pre-authorization and pre-admission documentation, work with all MFB network partners toward the goal of problem solving and facilitating referrals to the appropriate level of rehabilitation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes referral patterns of physicians and prioritizes time appropriately to increase business.
- Works with Schwab/Mary Free Bed marketing departments to determine needs of patients and referral sources to capitalize on education opportunities through new collateral materials and presentations.
- Develops relationships with current and potential referral sources including insurance case managers and payer sources through education of services offered at Schwab.
- With collaboration from Schwab Access Team, develops strategic initiatives for market penetration into trauma centers in assigned territory.
- Follows catastrophic cases throughout the assigned territory by rounding on appropriate call points with goal of incremental referral development.
- As a member of the Access team, coordinates meetings and calls on key referring physicians to drive census growth.
- Targets and builds relationships with catastrophic case managers.
- Provides reporting trends and activity to Access Leadership Team.
- For those referrals that are appropriate for admission to Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital and the Mary Free Bed Network: In collaboration with the acute care hospital staff, collects appropriate patient information and completes the Schwab documentation that is required for admission. Provides patient and family education related to inpatient rehabilitation. Collaborates with the referring hospital staff, inpatient staff and admitting physician to determine an admission plan, and to set a date and time that is appropriate for the patient and meets the needs of the referring hospital.
- Completes the pre-admission screen when appropriate and assures that appropriate physician review is completed prior to admission.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources. Facilitates professional communication with each employee of the referring hospital.
- Encourages, coaches, and monitors teamwork and direct communication with co-workers.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and facilitates problem solving with the admitting physicians, patients and families, and referral sources. Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and pride.
- Maintains a high level of current knowledge about each referral hospital and the associated patient populations.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationship with Network Partners and their admissions team.
- Maintains appropriate credentialing certification at all required facilities.
- Works with Admitting Specialist to ensure efficient processing of information.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of current knowledge about each referral source and the associated patient populations.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Degree in nursing, social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic trainer or speech therapy.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience as a liaison or working autonomously.
- Experience in post-acute care.
- Able to respond to highly variable workload demands.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrate excellent customer service and standards of behaviors as well as encourages, coaches and monitors the same in team members. This individual should consistently promote teamwork and direct communication with co-workers and deal discretely and sensitively with confidential information
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented cultures
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients, and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, together
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Participates in the review and evaluation of quality and appropriateness of care. Contributes by participating in meetings, identifying problems and seeking solutions. Assists in provision of quality patient care; participates in departmental/programmatic efforts to monitor and report.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.