OR - Registry Scrub Tech
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- MSH MSH NR OPERATING RM
- Allied Health
- Call/Registry/Per Diem
- Req #: 17932
The surgical scrub technician under the supervision of the registered nurse assists the preoperative team in the care and safety of patients undergoing surgical intervention. Performs direct and indirect care activities according to the behaviors and responsibilities as outlined in this statement.
- Direct patient care in the operative procedure.
- Assists personnel with surgical attire.
- Assists with instrumentation throughout procedure.
- Performs sharps, instrument and sponge count according to standard.
- Coordinates with circulating RN as a member of the perioperative team.
- Ensures all personnel maintain aseptic technique and universal precautions at all times.
- Prepares operating rooms for procedures.
- Stocks operation room and delivery rooms in accordance with the par levels.
- Cleans and replaces equipment between patients.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Clinical ladder (nursing only)
- 403b with matching
- Must have graduated from an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Must be eligible to sit for the NBSTA or NCCT exam
- High School Diploma or Associate degree
Minimum Work Experience:
- Two years of experience preferred, but new graduates considered as well.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Certification from NCCT or NBSTSA is preferred and will be considered towards one-year of experience