PATIENT TRANSFER & NAVIG CTR NURSE
This job posting is no longer active.
General Summary/basic PURPOSE OF JOB:
The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse is responsible for assigning patients to beds, based on care requirements and for maximizing the use of the hospital’s bed resources. In determining priorities and reaching bed assignment decisions, the SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse operates within the bounds of established hospital policy and resource availability guidelines. The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse will evaluate, process, track, document, and coordinate patient transfers inbound and outbound of Sinai Health System. The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse obtains appropriate medical and demographic information, and coordinates communication between the referring physician and the Sinai Health System physician(s). The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse efficiently engages appropriate departments in the transfer process and monitors and documents all activities associated with the transfer. The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse is responsible for oversight of the entire transfer episode, from start to finish, and for communication back to the transferring facility. The SHS Transfer and Navigation center Nurse will be accountable for all regulations associated with patient transfer, as well as designated performance measure outcomes. The SHS Transfer and Navigation Center Nurse provides comprehensive coordination of care for patients and their families/caregivers to facilitate flow with outpatient clinic, diagnostic appointments, post-acute care.
MINIMUM Education: MINIMUM Education:
- BSN in Nursing Required
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience bed management and the outside transfer process.
- RN with a minimum of 5 years progressive clinical experience, to include acute care cardiac telemetry, critical care/emergency nursing experience, case management, charge nurse/house supervision, or transfer center experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Requires exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, leadership, teamwork and collaboration
- Requires the ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to think quickly and multitask effectively.
- Requires the ability to complete job duties autonomously.
- Ability to use a computer and software applications.
- Requires strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including physicians and senior management
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with interpreting hospital policies consistently in a variety of situations
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- Current RN Illinois license
- BLS, ACLS Preferred