PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of functions in the clinical setting. The PCT provides direct patient care, performs phlebotomy and EKG’s. The PCT collaborates with and works under the direction of the registered nurse to provide appropriate and safe patient care. The PCT utilizes the Hospital information system to order diagnostic tests and therapies and obtain patient information and test results. The PCT supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the hospital.
- Follows attendance standards and expectations. Has minimal tardiness or absenteeism.
- Completes all hospital wide mandatory educational programs.
- Completes all orientation requirements and departmental competency testing requirements.
- Participates in continuing education activities.
- Adapts to floating to other units when required.
Education, Required Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- High School Graduate
- Up to date CPR certification. CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Phlebotomy Training / Certificate
- EKG training and/or Certificate preferred
- Compliant with PPD requirements.
- New Grads are accepted.
- One year hospital experience in a clinical setting is preferred.